The .NET framework is popular in corporate environments. We also believe this is the perfect tool for startups and hobbyists.
- You can create portable code that functions across iOS, Android, Windows tablets/phones, desktops, servers and embedded devices, for free.
- Everything from the compiler to the core runtime is open source.
- The BizSpark program allows any startup to get all Microsoft tools, including $150/month of Azure service, for free.
- Visual Studio Community 2015 is a professional grade IDE that you can use freely as a hobbyist.
- C# is closely related to Java and C++. As such, it can be easily read by a big base of developers.
- Nicolas Dorier, one of the authors of this book, created the most popular Bitcoin Framework for .NET, called NBitcoin.
- Every person I met who learned about C# will tell you it is the best language out there, even if it is not the one they are using at the moment.
- Recent Benchmark place .net Core C# performance way ahead of Java in almost every area. See for yourself C# vs Java Benchmark
The authors of this book have over 15 years combined experience with C#. It is our go-to language for any project for fun or profit.
Fact: We have not been paid by Microsoft. It’s not too late to change that.
Last modified 4yr ago