- You need to be comfortable with object oriented as well as functional programming.
- A basic grasp of C# is helpful, but we feel the code will be legible to developers familiar with Java and other C-based languages.
- No mathematical knowledge is required. We will not cover cryptography beyond the bare minimum you need to know to make a secure service.
- You don’t need to have deep knowledge of Bitcoin.
- Visual Studio Community Edition on Windows or Xamarin Studio/Visual Studio Code on Mac and Linux (both free).
Tip: If disk space is an issue, consider running Bitcoin Core in pruning mode. It is practically the same as a full node (including security), except it throws away some of the old history.